Friday, April 20, 2012

Brescia's Omar El Kaddouri interested in Lazio but dreaming of Barcelona


The former Anderlecht midfielder has been linked with several Serie A sides in recent months and he freely admits that he now feels ready for the top flight


El-Kaddouri.png (428×274)

Brescia's Omar El Kaddouri has expressed his interest in a move to Lazio, but admitted that he dreams of one day playing for Barcelona.


The 21-year-old Brussels native is considered one of the most promising young players currently plying his trade in Serie B and his performances this season have reportedly attracted the attention of the Biancocelesti, as well as Juventus, Roma, Napoli and Palermo. El Kaddouri is doing his utmost to just concentrate on his football but admits that he is flattered by talk of a move to Lazio.


"It's nice," he told Corriere dello Sport. "I do not know if the rumours are true or not, but for now I'm focused on the present at Brescia. 


"But we're talking about beautiful and important stages to play on; of clubs at which you can continue to develop and Lazio are one of those clubs."


El Kaddouri revealed that he now feels ready to make the step up to Serie A, while at the same time confessing that he hopes to end up at Camp Nou sooner or later.


"My dreams? One is to play for Morocco at the World Cup; the other is to play for Barcelona, which would be fantastic," he enthused.


"I have no fear but I'm not presumptuous sort. Football is a sport, it's fun. Serie B is not easy, though. But it helps you grow. I have played nearly every game this year, so I believe that I'm ready for Serie A.


"My future will be decided at the end of the season with the club. Until then, I must think only of working and growing [as a player]."


El Kaddouri, who arrived at Brescia from Anderlecht in 2008, has been capped at Under-21 international by Belgium.


a79dff50f1.jpg (545×195)

0 comments:

Post a Comment