Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stramaccioni vows to repay Inter faith

The former Primavera coach has admitted that his appointment as head coach at the Nerazzurri is a dream come true, and he is determined to prove his worth


Andrea-Stramaccioni-gets-the-backing-of-Nerazzurri-youth-director-140163.jpg (626×390)


New Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni has stated that he is keen to reward the Nerazzurri for the faith the club have shown by naming him their new trainer. The 36-year-old replaced Claudio Ranieri as the man in charge at the San Siro side on Monday, and revealed that taking over at Inter is like a dream come true.


"It's a wonderful dream, emotions that only sport and football can give you. Who do I dedicate this dream to? To my club, for showing faith in me; now I have to repay them for it," Stramaccioni said during his official unveiling. "It was totally unexpected, a present from president [Massimo] Moratti. I think it is simple: I have always been myself and if Moratti has decided to give me this chance it's because of the results. "The president asked me to carry what he saw in the Primavera across to the first team: conviction and a love for these colours. As the president said yesterday: 'we have to win'. I have faith in the players, in the club and in myself. We'll take each game as it comes."

Stramaccioni will make his debut as Inter coach in the Serie A match at home against Genoa on April 1. Meanwhile, Manchester City attacker Mario Balotelli made a surprise appearance at Tuesday's press conference as he visited the Nerazzurri facilities to greet some of his former Inter team-mates.



56fcad3f95.jpg (499×141)

0 comments:

Post a Comment