Monday, March 14, 2011

Davies wants to add cup memories

Davies wants to add cup memories 

(EPL were always offered at 12Bet.com)

Kevin Davies says the FA Cup remains close to his heart as it was the competition that helped launch his career.

The Bolton Wanderers skipper led his side into the semi-finals on Saturday as the Whites claimed a 3-2 win over Birmingham City.
They will now face Stoke City at Wembley for a place in the final, where they will face either Manchester United or City.
Davies, though, always reminisces about the cup as it was with Chesterfield as a trainee that he first made his name when he helped the then League One side into the semi-finals in 1997. They faced Premier League Middlesbrough and even forced a replay before going out.

knocking it
"Every year when the FA Cup comes around those memories come back," Davies revealed.
"It helped launch me because I had a decent run and scored a hat-trick against Bolton as it happens all of those years ago.
"People have been knocking it over recent years but it would still be nice to get to the final.
"I used to dream of lifting that cup and it's no different now at the age I am.
"I still get Chesterfield fans wishing me all the best as I'm not sure it will happen again."
He then suffered cup final heartache in 2003 when he was left out of the Southampton side to face Arsenal.
"Then I was left out of the 2003 final team," he said. "I scored a late goal against Millwall to keep Southampton in it.
"I played my part in the cup run and it went on from there but I missed out on the final."
Davies is now full of hope he will be able to lead Bolton out in the final come May.
"It's a one-off game at Wembley next which is great not only for me but for the club. I'm proud to be the captain of this team," he said.
"I feel great for my age and it's just like being a kid again. I feel fortunate, I've got a good manager, great backroom staff."

(EPL were always offered at 12Bet.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment